Saturday, June 26, 2010



I can't believe how fast this summer is going by. I am already halfway done with my internship! Things have been going really well at the zoo. I was quizzed on the behaviors that I chose to do with the animals and earned my bridge!! It is a big deal in the training world but for those of you who don't know it is just a whistle that you use to let the animal know that they have done the behavior correctly. Tomorrow I will be tested on how well I can use it. I also participated in a practice diver down where I had to "save" the other intern who "panicked." It turned out to be pretty cool even though the water we were diving in was 50 degrees! I also got to go to the plains area of the zoo and one of the plains keepers let me feed some of the birds and foxes! It was awesome and the birds actually came from the Brevard Zoo!

No comments: