Friday, July 9, 2010

I am doing my best to keep up with this blog but I have just been so busy that it is hard to post frequent updates. I am still loving my internship at the zoo! I am doing behaviors with the animals along with all my other regular internship duties. Yesterday I just finished a project for the curator of marine mammals that I have been working on (with a few other people) for almost three weeks! It felt great to finally finish it. I was also able to take some pictures at work with a few of the animals so I will try to post some as soon as I can use my own computer to go online. I was also allowed to visit the penguins in the oceans building and I got a painting from Tundra (the only polar bear in the world that paints!!!).

I have been staying at one of the trainers houses this past week while she was out of town. She has a dog and 2 cats so I have been taking care of them this week. It has been nice to spend some time with pets! For the 4th of July I went to another trainers house for a cookout and games. It was a lot of fun and I saw fireworks on my entire drive back to my apartment. I also went to see the eclipse movie this week with my fellow interns and the attendants. We had a great time. I can't believe that I will have to leave so soon. I have met some great people here and I will really miss them.

No comments: